The US Company for Worldwide Growth (USAID) has joined with a number of U.S. Authorities (USG) supported companies to help Partnerships for Enhanced Engagement in Analysis (PEER).
Administered by the U.S. Nationwide Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medication (NASEM), PEER is a aggressive grants program that invitations scientists in creating international locations, partnered with USG-supported collaborators, to use for funds to help analysis and capacity-building actions on matters with sturdy potential growth impacts.
By PEER, the Lab leverages investments by different USG-supported companies and personal sector corporations in scientific analysis and coaching in an effort to improve the event priorities of USAID. USG-funded companions have to be investigators who will contribute to the scientific advantage and impression of PEER initiatives by way of experience, abilities, methodologies, laboratory entry, and synergies with ongoing initiatives.
PEER Analysis Grants for People in Growing International locations – Focus Areas Potential sectors that could be studied embrace however aren’t restricted to the next:
- Digital improvements (e.g., cashless transfers, geospatial and massive information)
- Schooling (e.g., results of college closure on studying, digital options for distant training)
- Agriculture and meals (e.g., resilient worth chains, results of COVID-19 on meals methods)
- Girls and gender (e.g., disproportionate impression of shocks, COVID-19 and gender-based violence)
- Public well being (e.g., novel approaches to contract tracing, cellular well being, vaccine distribution)PEER Analysis Grants for People in Growing International locations – Funding Info
- Awards will likely be for a most of U.S. $70,000 whatever the variety of establishments concerned.
- The first goal of the PEER COVID cycle is to help collaborative analysis initiatives one 12 months in length.PEER Analysis Grants for People in Growing International locations – Geographical Focus
Following are the one international locations from which proposals are accepted within the COVID-19 cycle of PEER:
Asia: Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Vietnam
Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia Latin America and Caribbean: Brazil, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Peru
Europe & Eurasia: Armenia, Georgia, Kosovo, Moldova
Center East & North Africa: Morocco, Tunisia
PEER Analysis Grants for People in Growing International locations – Eligibility Standards
Eligible candidates should
- Maintain a analysis or educating place at the next academic establishment (college) in a PEER-eligible nation;
- Be residents or everlasting residents of a PEER-eligible nation; and
- Be dwelling and dealing within the nation from which they’re making use of.
- Girls and behavioral and social scientists are strongly inspired to use.
- Candidates primarily based at non-profit organizations (NGOs) or government-managed analysis laboratories, facilities, or institutes aren’t eligible to function principal investigators on PEER initiatives however can function co-PIs.Candidates with questions are inspired to seek the advice of program employees at email@example.com previous to submitting their pre-proposal.